With so much new curriculum this year I found myself walking to my teacher bookshelf over and over again. I decided since I wasn’t using a kidney shaped table for students I would use it for my desk. This would give me more space to cleanly lay out some of the new curriculum. So far (2 days) it is working like a dream. I love it when innovation with common items pays off!
To my left I have my Elmo where I model how to write things. After that, access to the puppets, You’d be surprised how those come I handy when the kids start to nod off. Then, the new curriculum. I have believed for a long time that new information should be accessible and close. When I learned EDI I had a 3×5 card taped to my teaching area with all the steps. I referred to it daily and as a result, eventually internalized it. I have a much more daunting dilemma these days with this new curriculum for ELA and Math. I’m already learning the value of making my workspace larger so I have what I need, available at arm’s length.